About Alika...

I am 17-years old and attend Lincoln HS in Stockton, CA. Go Trojans!! I am a student athlete; I wrestle and played football for LHS but also help my Dad coach and condition in his club, bbb -- buffalo black brotherhood. (Go to TRAINbbb.com and buffaloblackbrotherhood.blogspot.com).
After the high school season, I train Freestyle & Greco with Stockton Rampage, TWC and Stockton Elite Wrestling Clubs as well as martial arts focused in Eskrima and BJJ/grappling. I also swim with a seasonal team and work part-time at a grocery store. I stay busy... I do work!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Not for granted...

I've been fortunate to meet a lot of great wrestling families while Alika has been participating in these larger tournaments and trips. I'm very thankful for the texts and calls in between the days and updates on their wrestlers too. Special thanks to Cristina Zanarini from Brentwood. Even with just the little follow up texts here and there -- I didn't feel like an anxious mom by myself. We were both cheering from CA!
All joking aside, most wrestlers that make it to this level train beyond their limits; I know Alika can and does. Wrestlers are not exempt from injury. Just got an update from Brentwood that a wrestler, who Alika was to ride down to LAX with to catch the Delta flight towards Fargo, has had a shoulder separation and will not only be missing out on Fargo but recovering for 8-12 weeks. It was a real reality check. Our prayers to you, Jake. Heal quickly and God Bless.
As for Alika, he will fly out of Sacramento International via Southwest to LAX.
Please keep him in your prayers as he travels and trains as well as all of our athletes. We take those sponsorships anytime!!! =)

~Rose
Wreslters' Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment